For more than two decades Scott Thomas has represented clients in civil litigation in federal and state courts in the Baltimore-Washington area. He has represented large and small corporations, insurance companies, self-insured entities, and individuals in numerous complex disputes. His clients include a global beverage bottling and distribution company and a national lumber retailer. He also has extensive experience defending construction industry contractors.
Primarily acting as a defense attorney, Scott has handled trials, mediations, and arbitrations in many practice areas, including:
- Products liability;
- Toxic torts;
- Personal injury;
- Premises liability;
- Commercial tort and contract claims;
- Insurance coverage;
- Construction disputes; and
- Property damage claims.
He has also handled appeals in the Maryland courts of appeal and in the District of Columbia courts.
Prior to joining Tydings, Scott served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard P. Gilbert, Chief Judge of the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Florida State University (B.A., 1982)
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Baltimore, Inc., Board of Directors, 2005-2007
- Lawyers for College Bound, past volunteer