Marissa is an associate in the employment and labor law practice group as well as the bankruptcy/creditors’ rights and litigation departments.
In her employment law practice, she counsels companies on labor, employment, and immigration matters, including reviewing company handbooks, providing advice on issues related to accommodations under the ADA and state disability laws, and drafting documents related to the employment relationship such as termination and severance agreements. Additionally, Marissa provides investigative services.
In her bankruptcy practice, she represents debtors, creditors, and trustees in Chapter 7 and 11 proceedings, workouts, liquidations, foreclosures, and financial restructurings. She further assists business creditors with commercial litigation that often accompanies bankruptcy cases. Her litigation practice also includes counseling and representing local businesses in commercial disputes and contract and tort cases in the Maryland courts.
She is admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Marissa is active in the Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association and serves on the board of the Greater Maryland Network of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC). She also serves on the board of For the Love of Travis, Inc., a non-profit dedicated to raising funds for and spreading awareness of issues related to adolescent depression and suicide prevention.
Marissa graduated magna cum laude from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, where she served as associate editor of the Journal of Health Care Law and Policy. She also interned for the Honorable Clayton Greene, Jr. in the Court of Appeals of Maryland, served with the Maryland Law Service Corps, volunteered with the Civil Rights for Persons with Disabilities Clinic, and was a research assistant to Professor Deborah Hellman.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013); Order of the Coif
- University of Maryland - College Park (B.S., 2009)
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- U.S. Superior Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- District of Columbia Bar, Employment Section
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring, Greater Maryland Network, Board of Directors, 2019-2020
- Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association
- For the Love of Travis, Inc., Board of Directors
- Alpha Omicron Pi Soroity, philanthropy chair, 2008; historian, 2007